You are here
Business Intelligence Officer
Excellent career steps
About Our Client
Founded in Darmstadt, Germany in 1668 by Friedrich Jacob Merck, Merck is the world's oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company. Today, the Merck family remains the majority owner of the company. Over the course of nearly 350 years, we have become a truly global company. Our approximately 50,000 employees work in 66 countries and are united by their passion for
new ideas, the possibilities of technology, and the potential to make a difference in the world.
A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
As business intelligence officer at Merck, it will be your responsibility to provide market analysis and predictions for the Swedish business. You calculate incentives, follow up on objectives and processes and propose targets for the teams according to forecast expectations (split by person when necessary). Moreover, the role also carries the responsibility for managing Merck' CRM tool and participating in digital projects such as website/app implementations.
In this market-focused role, you will be working closely with the heads of the company's neurology, fertility and oncology franchises. Other important interfaces include the Swedish GM, the Nordic Controlling Manager, the customer-facing teams in Sweden and the IT business partner as well as regional/global colleagues and external stakeholders such as market research companies, CRM providers, pharmacy chains and IMS.
Your main tasks will be:
- Close collaboration with Local & Nordic Supply Network Operations teams on Swedish wholesaler sell-out figures to understand the monthly forecasts better, to be able to challenge the business on any ex-factory Sales forecasts.
- Ad-hoc analysis of IMS or Oriola wholesaler data when requested and looking into historical sales trends or linear projections.
- Managing the data provider IMS and the IMS contract, contract renewal etc. This includes annual budgeting of IMS costs as well as initiating any queries and resolving data errors.
- Monthly update of the BI Tool with new month's figures and verifying that IMS data is accurate for all franchises.
- Ensuring, together with the finance department, that provider invoicing is done timely and that accrual of costs is done on a monthly basis and at year-end when necessary.
- Close collaboration with the franchise heads on a monthly basis regarding market development and to make recommendations based on current and predicted future business needs in all relevant therapeutic areas and markets through dedicated Merck tools or own ad-hoc analysis.
- Completion of any Headquarter reports and requests, asking for units, value market share data or quantitative & qualitative input into commercial models.
- Set target proposals for the teams according to forecast expectations and follow up objectives and incentives process.
- Management of the CRM tool: maintaining the tool to cover business needs and help the organization improve its capability to use the tool through training, guides and feedback reports.
- Multi-channel marketing cloud: implement cloud and provide support to its users in the form of trainings and feedback. Assist in the creation of a mass emailing campaign for the different Therapeutical areas and other digital projects such as website implementations.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for candidates with a financial or consultancy background and a strong sense of personal drive and ambition. As you will be working with foreign colleagues, strong English skills are a must.
We are primarily looking for candidates with experience of working as business controller, sales controller or management consultant.
Key characteristics of the successful candidate include:
- Academic degree within business/economics or engineering.
- Minimum 4 year's working experience related to sales force excellence, market research or Business Intelligence.
- Experience from budget planning.
- Strategic mindset and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills (English and Swedish).
- High energy, passion and drive.
- Experience from the pharma industry will be considered a merit.
What's on Offer
For the successful candidate this is a great opportunity to join one of the pharma industry's leading players in a position close to the business and with possibilities of building an international career. Selection and interviews are ongoing. Responsible recruitment consultant is Adrian Torstensson.