You are here
Senior Manager Customs Operations
Vision - "To be the world's most progressive and desired luxury car brand"
3-5 years of managerial experience on a cross-national team witin customs
About Our Client
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired luxury car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo Cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
The main tasks of the Senior Manager Customs Operations is to establish and take responsibility of and to manage the customs operations in Sweden and in Belgium ensuring an efficient and compliant customs operation, and to consistently ensure quality in Volvo Car Corporation's customs activities.
- Owns and is responsible for all Volvo Car Corporation customs operations in Belgium and Sweden
- Acts as manager for the Customs Operations Europe department
- Establishes and maintains operating procedures in the customs area together with the Customs Governance department and the team leads for the declarants
- Establishes and maintains a process of continuous monitoring and improvement in the customs operations work
- Ensures compliant, timely and quality customs operations
- Drives, motivates and develops the team leaders of the declarant teams
- Together with the team leaders drives, motivates and develops the customs declarants
- Designs, plans and executes the customs operations work in Europe
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player, highly communicative and able to lead, influence and communicate with people on all levels. You need to have a passion for customs and cars. .
- At least 3-5 years of managerial experience on a cross-national team
- Strong focus on process development and continuous improvement approach
- Experience from an in-house customs function, with a customs consulting firm or with a broker
- Comfortable with a fast pace of change
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels
- Communication skills
- English spoken and written fluently
- Swedish or Flemish skills preferred
What's on Offer
Are you willing to take the step in your career within customs and have the unique chance to form a customs department for world leading car manufacturing?
Please send your CV as soon as possible.
Interviews will be carried out continuously. Responsible consultant: Oscar Davison