Play a key role for Akzo Nobels future growth
Important role with the possibility to influence and develop
Om vår klient
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
On behalf of our client we are now looking for an Accounting Manager to support its management team in the area of accounting and reporting. The position will play a key role for Akzo Nobels future growth.
The Specialty Chemicals Financial Reporting & Accounting Expertise department provides accounting and financial reporting support to the Business units as well as to specific functions (such as Treasury, Tax, Legal, Pensions).
The role as Accounting Manager is crucial in the set-up of the global accounting organization of the Specialty Chemicals Group and contributes to reliable and accurate monthly reporting of the business units. As Accounting Manager you will have an important role with the possibility to influence and develop processes, guidelines and people.
- Act as Accounting Business Partner for the business unit Pulp & Performance Chemicals and its management team
- Create, implement and maintain accounting and reporting guidelines or procedures for the Specialty Chemicals Group
- Ensure in depth review of quality and content of the business unit balance sheet and statement of income from an IFRS accounting point of view. Work together with the Regional Accounting Centers and local controllers to ensure a healthy financial position
- Ensure and drive timely, adequate and reliable monthly financial closing process for the business unit
- Act as IFRS accounting expert and business partner towards centrally organized functions (e.g. treasury, tax etc.) and act as company-wide expert on specific topics
Vem söker vi?
- We are looking for an open-minded and driven person with excellent communications skills and high level of business acumen
- Accounting professional with at least 8 years of relevant work experience in accounting and reporting, and capable of analyzing complex processes and issues under time pressure
- A master degree in Finance, with focus on accounting
- Adequate expertise knowledge of IFRS principles
- Good analytical skills and ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- SAP/HFM knowledge preferred, or at least not afraid to learn the basics of systems and hands-on mentality
- Fluent in English verbally and written, Swedish is preferred
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Manager Financial Reporting & Accounting Expertise and the position is based in Bohus.
Are you willing to take next the step in your career and have the unique chance to work as an Accounting Manager for this exciting brand?
Please send your resume in English as soon as possible. Interviews will be carried out continuously.
In this process Akzo Nobel Speciality Chemicals is working together with Michael Page. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact responsible recruiter Sara Isacson.