Business Development Manager, Innovations
One of Stora Enso's leading business unit in R&D and Innovation
Packaging Solutions: a leading business unit in Stora Enso
About Our Client
Stora Enso is a leading provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper on global markets. Stora Enso aims to replace fossil based materials by innovating and developing new products and services based on wood and other renewable materials. The group has some 25 000 employees in more than 35 countries, and is publicly listed on the Helsinki and Stockholm stock exchanges. Our sales in 2016 were EUR 9.8 billion, with an operational EBIT of EUR 884 million.
At Stora Enso Packaging Solutions we are setting out to become a leader in sustainable packaging, transforming non-renewable packages to fit the bio-economy. We believe that we can make better packaging solutions for the future, that are both more efficient and with less environmental impact. If this type of challenge motivates you, you might be the one we are looking for.
On behalf of Stora Enso, Michael Page is currently seeking two (2) ambitious commercial professionals to develop and lead the sales of innovative packaging solutions. As Business Development Manager, you will be working across functions with team members from sales, marketing, product management, packaging design and manufacturing/operations across our Packaging Solutions markets in Europe and China. The successful candidates should have solid experience of consultative selling including different sales techniques, ability to translate customer needs into requirements specification for new offerings as well as matching it with existing innovative solutions. Ideally, the successful candidates have a combined background in management and business development position within a top tier B2B or B2C Corporation and/or Management Consultancy. As Business Development Manager Innovations, you will report to the Director of Innovations and become a member in the Division Marketing & Innovation function in Packaging Solutions. The successful candidate will based from Stockholm and traveling on a frequent basis across Europe as well as China on occasion.
In this position, the successful candidates will focus on two main areas:
Business development and insight generation:
- Map and identify potential customers who could benefit from innovation initiatives across Packaging Solutions' markets
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and new customers to drive business development of innovation projects
- Participate in early phases of innovation projects to map customer pains & gains, generate insights and structure requirement specification for development phase of the project
- Drive development of business logic and business case of innovation project in close co-operation with financial controlling function
- Develop value argumentation and value propositions based on customer needs and pains to support commercialization of innovations
- Prepare and facilitate customer business development workshops in our Innovation Center and/or on-site at customer premises
Commercialisation of new products, services and business models:
- Structure and build sales strategy and sales plan for introduction and commercialization of new offerings across our markets
- Liaison with Marketing and Product Management to secure seamless launch of new offerings
- Drive and lead the implementation of the sales plan for new offerings across our markets and business units, utilizing and training local sales organization to maximize business results
- Pilot new offering concepts with customers, record customer feedback and iterate potential updates with development organisation securing successful and step-wise introduction of innovations to the market
The Successful Applicant
For this newly created position we seek a passionate individual possessing strong entrepreneurial skills with ability to influence and generate results in a dynamic international business environment. The successful candidates will have to demonstrate a proven track record in senior commercial roles and ability to introduce new products, services and/or business models to the market, customer-driven innovation management and ability to deliver and manage projects.
In order to be successful in this recruitment process, candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:
- University degree: MSc or higher
- Highly driven and self-motivated individual with excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Minimum 5 years' of relevant work experience, with a strong record of consultative selling in B2B
- Strong customer focus with the ambition of building mutually beneficial relationships with customers
- Proven track record of successfully commercializing new products, services and/or business models
- Ability to link new technologies and innovative concepts to tangible business value creation
- Skills to navigate and influence in multi-cultural matrix organisation
- Experience in packaging, FMCG, e-commerce and/or start-up company will be considered an advantage
What's on Offer
Packaging Solutions is one of Stora Enso's leading business unit in R&D and Innovations with a focus on renewable & bio-materials. Stora Enso Packaging Solutions is currently recruiting two (2) Business Development Managers. A unique opportunity for candidates looking to join a leading organisation in its field.