Strategic category work within parts for continued financial growth
Expansive company with rapid growth
Om vår klient
Pierce is one of Europe's most successful online retailers. We are growing rapidly, and we are currently looking for a Category Director Parts in Stockholm, Sweden. Would you like to be part of a dynamic Category & Sourcing Team in a company with close to 400 people, that sells across 18 European markets and manages suppliers around the globe, then this could be the role for you.
The purpose of this role is to create Category strategies and plans within the area motorcycle and motocross parts, in line with financial targets for the Group to increase sales and profitability.
- Ensure Category plans are supported by a sourcing strategy, supplier selections, negotiations and build supplier relations for branded suppliers, distributors and our own private brands
- Develop the category strategy over time to ensure successful implementation in our markets, taking local adaption as well as differentiated assortment offering into consideration
- Drive sales through the commercial engine, always with the inventory balance in mind
Responsibilities of a Category Director
You're responsible for the category strategy and plans to be defined cross stores including sourcing strategy, distributors and private brands. You're responsible for defined assortment with local adaption to be implemented according to timely updates and reviews (phase in, phase out) and to provide relevant product information.
You're responsible for private brands development and penetration in line with owned category strategy and plans. You will develop and/ or identify destination drivers like category killers and super sellers.
You own the supplier relationship and is responsible for taking necessary actions to achieve supplier investment targets as well developing long-term relations for further expansions.
You will be accountable for reaching profitability targets through supplier negotiations and category development. You will monitor results, market development, competitors and category trends. You're responsible for category promotion plan aligned with Marketing and Pricing teams to drive sales and profitability as well as follow the product life cycle management governance.
You will have a team of direct reports; product managers, category assistant and strategic purchaser.
You will adapt to new processes and way of working in transitional environment and pro-actively seek information or training to learn as well as participate in dedicated projects.
Vem söker vi?
Your education level is Master/ Msc. Or MA
- You have genuine experience (+5 years) from strategic category management meaning strategic/ tactical work as well day to day operations from e-tail and/ or retail
- You have experience from leading others, people management and is a leader that people like to follow
- You have strong business acumen and passionate about products and category management as well as accountable and result oriented
- You have strong proven analytical skills with big picture thinking and high ambition level for your category
- You're self-organizing, very structured and pro-active and can keep focus under pressure to deliver in targets and business critical actions
- You have long experience from supplier management and can build long-term relations and based on commercial requirements being able to create solutions for the identified business challenges.
- Your professional integrity and ethics are strong as well as your negotiation skills towards suppliers
- You're a team player with positive and solution-oriented attitude
- You can manage Excel on a high level and are well familiar to MS Office
- You're used to a dynamic work environment with flexibility and ability to adapt quickly
- You have a cross cultural sensitivity, understands and can empathize with differences in people and cultures being respectful
- Fluent English in both speech and writing
Employment form: permanent contract with six months probationary period. Apply today as the position might be filled before the published end date. Note that we will only reach out to relevant candidates with relevant experience and competencies.