Broad and developing accounting role
International environment, central location
About Our Client
This project called Västlänken will build an approximately 8-kilometer-long new train connection, of which 6.6 kilometers is the train tunnel under Gothenburg. Västlänken allows for a new traffic concept in the city, which means that commuter trains and regional trains run in a tunnel under the city, with the ability for passengers to step on and off at one of the three new stations Centralen, Haga and Korsvägen. Construction Haga consists of land and construction work for an underground station with ramps and installations and surrounding train tunnels.
The Chief Accountant is responsible to perform company's accounting operations in a timely and precise manner. Day to day accounting, reconciliation, fixed assets, financial statements, reporting and taxation are within the main responsibilities of this role.
Processing and recording purchase and sales transactions in financial systems;
* Preparation of payments;
* Reconciliation of bank statements and communicating with banks for daily activity
* Processing and recording fixed assets and related transactions in financial systems;
* Being responsible of inventories and audits;
* Salary calculation;
* Compiling and submitting tax returns to authorities;
* Executing monthly and quarterly closings procedures;
* Annual reporting of the AB;
The Successful Applicant
As a person, you are solution-oriented, responsible and structured. You enjoy working strategically and operationally in both big and small matters. You should be service-minded, while setting demands on the organization. It is important that you are analytically prepared and can see the financial relationships of projects.
Willingness to work hands and an ability to handle interactions with authorities and the Swedish Tax Agency will also be important in this role. As the chief accountant will be responsible a junior colleague, we are also looking for individuals who enjoy taking on a team leader role as well as sharing knowledge and working pedagogically. Previous formal experience of managing direct reports is however not a requirement.
In summary, we are looking for candidates with the following traits:
- Academic degree in Finance / Business / Economics,
- Minimum 4 years' experience of Finance and Accounting, preferably in a similar role,
- Experience in handling tax-related issues, preferably within the construction industry,
- Strong MS Office skills,
- Good team management skills,
- Fluency in English and Swedish,
- Independent, structured and meticulous,
- Experience in the construction industry or similar project-oriented industry is an asset.
What's on Offer
This position is an exciting opportunity for candidates who wish to work in a truly international environment and be part of a largescale project that will shape the cityscape of Gothenburg. In terms of skill development, the role as Chief Accountant also allows for managerial experience combined with hands-on accounting within a specific industry.