CONTROLLER MORGAN STANLEY
Global Investment company
About Our Client
MSPE Stockholm, MSREF Luxembourg, MSREF Jersey and MSREF Amsterdam (as head office) operate as an independent business unit of international investment bank Morgan Stanley ("MS"). We manage more than 350 entities active in Morgan Stanley's various real estate, private equity and infrastructure funds. Our team of 45 young, enthusiastic, highly educated professionals provide legal and financial support to Morgan Stanley deal teams in Europe and Asia. We are characterized by a result-driven, but informal atmosphere in an international dynamic setting.
The Controller role is based at MSPE office on Blasieholmen in Stockholm. The position will be on a contract basis.
- Ensuring proper accounting with documenting of all transactions and preparation of support documentation;
- Keeping the companies' financial records , participating in the preparation of the financial statements including the consolidation; supporting the statutory audit process;
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations (including tax regulations, filing tax returns and other requirements);
- Responsible for the companies' cash management; ensuring that the companies' are sufficiently funded for their running expenses and deal-related costs;
- Participating in the preparation of the annual budget; quarterly analysis of the actual costs against the budget;
- Liaise with and support communication with internal and external parties such as auditors, tax advisors, business units, the Korean asset managers and internal management team;
- Support existing relationships and developing new relationships with asset managers, auditors, tax advisors, banks and law firms.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree, Major in audit/finance;
- At least 2 to 4 years of experience in Accounting, Trust or in a (Big4-)audit firm
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken);
- Computer literate: excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc.; experienced user of accounting software;
- Knowledge on and experience with Swedish K3 reporting is an asset;
- Team player; Self-starter; Flexible attitude; Independent; Shows initiative; Stress tolerant; No 9 - 5 mentality
What's on Offer
A responsible Controller position in the private equity industry with opportunities to grow professionally. The role is part of our small team within a large international organization with a professional but informal atmosphere. MSPE offer flexible work hours and there will be a potential to work 80%.
The recruitment is being handled by Richard Wilke at Michael Page