Updated on 30/11/2021
- Lead the technology strategy, targets & roadmap for formed fiber unit
- Lead the R&D team within Formed Fiber
About Our Client
About Stora Enso
Stora Enso develops and produces eco-friendly products and solutions based on wood and biomass for a range of industries and applications worldwide. Today our solutions are found in such segments as building, retail, food and beverages, manufacturing, publishing, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, confectionary, hygiene and textiles. Tomorrow, we believe there is the potential to produce anything that's made with fossil-based materials from a tree.
Stora Enso has some 23 000 employees and is headquartered in Helsinki and Stockholm. Our sales in 2020 were EUR 8.6 billion, with an operational EBIT of EUR 650 million
Formed fiber with Stora Enso
Formed Fiber materials are based on wood fibers and can be produced to most 3D shapes with many of the same mechanical and functional properties as plastics and so provides a novel and powerful vehicle for displacing plastics. We are now seeing interest in Formed Fiber spread to a large number of applications where the market potential is counted in billions of units. The goal of the Formed Fiber team is to capitalize on this opportunity by quickly scaling up capacity, research new technologies and commercialize new applications to become a leader in this market.
Stora Enso has made a strong commitment to Formed Fiber by investing in a new Formed Fiber plant and the formation of this new business unit.
YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITYWe are looking for a Director that will drive R&D of new Formed Fiber materials and technologies. Your day to day tasks will include but not limited to
- Lead the technology strategy, targets & roadmap for formed fiber unit including machinery, tooling, raw materials, barriers, automation etc.
- Lead, train, inspire and motivate team of R&D staff to reach set targets
- End-to-end responsibility for identifying, setting up and running partnerships with external technology providers including corporations, start-ups, universities, institutes etc.
- Setup and lead process for scouting relevant technologies, assess business value and implement where appropriate
- Setup and lead process for IP strategy and roadmap for the unit
- Secure funding (internal & external) for investments into new technology and secure implementation in close collaboration with Operations
- Manage/drive technology development portfolio from idea generation to final implementation of new technologies
- Participate and actively present in customer meetings, public events to position SE as thought leader in formed fiber technology
- Manage collaborations with internal stakeholders and experts throughout the company
The Successful Applicant
What experiences do we believe you have?
We believe you have following skills sets to make it happen:
- MSc in Engineering, Chemistry, Material science, Paper & pulp or similar
- At least 5-10 year's experience in relevant area
- Documented strong leader with ability to motivate staff and achieve good team results and while maintaining a safe working environment and culture
- Ability to assess the technical feasibility of new technologies and their potential to bring value for business
- Creative yet structured mindset with ability to quickly build view on interaction of technologies and its impact on IP landscape
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to identify customer needs and take actions to meet them
What technical skills do we believe you have?
We believe that you have expertise in at least one area relevant for Formed fiber technology such as
- Chemistry/physics/engineering of relevant materials (e.g. fibers & pulp, composites, barriers, speciality chemicals)
- Converting machinery/equipment (e.g. thermoforming, injection molding, die-cutting, printing)
- Tooling/molds (e.g. for plastic, metal, or fiber molding)
- Process conditions & concepts (e.g. drying, pulping, laminating, coating)
What's on Offer
In this recruitment, Stora Enso cooperates with Michael Murica at Michael Page. If you have any questions about the application, please contact him on +46 70 142 35 64