Director, Strategy and Business Intelligence
Be an instrumental part in the strategy work and growth agenda of the division
Drive the Business Intelligence platform in Packaging Solutions
About Our Client
Part of the bioeconomy, Stora Enso is a leading global provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper. We believe that everything that is made from fossil-based materials today can be made from a tree tomorrow. Stora Enso shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Oy (STEAV, STERV) and Nasdaq Stockholm AB (STE A, STE R). storaenso.com
Stora Enso has some 26 000 employees in over 30 countries. Our sales in 2018 were EUR 10.5 billion, with an operational EBIT of EUR 1.3 billion.
The Packaging Solutions division provides fibre-based board materials and corrugated packaging products and services that are designed for a wide array of applications. Our renewable high-end packaging solutions serve leading converters, brand owners and retailers - including those in e-commerce that are looking to optimise performance, drive innovation and improve their sustainability.
The Packaging Solutions division is now looking for a Director, Strategy & Business Intelligence who will be an instrumental part in the strategy work and growth agenda of the division.
Director of Strategy & Business Intelligence will report to SVP, Head of Strategy & Business Development. Location of the position is preferably Stockholm, Sweden, also Helsinki, Finland is possible.
The successful candidate will possess the skills and energy to:
- Drive the Business Intelligence platform in Packaging Solutions including related BI reporting
- Develop insights / business recommendations connected to business and strategy-related questions
- Support the work and development of our business plan, long term forecasting, strategic planning and overall strategy
- Provide high quality analysis of different kinds related to strategic topics, business cases, M&A or other ad-hoc tasks requested by stakeholders
- Be a proactive force in strategic projects contributing with in-depth industry know-how and deep understanding of its business drivers being a bridge between operational and commercial work streams
- Proven skills in building relationships with internal stakeholders, effectively capturing and summarising insights, perspectives, or requirements for business intelligence / reporting or the division's strategy work
- Have analytic / critical thinking skills making own conclusions out of available information at hand; comfortable with large / complex data-sets and financial modelling; advanced Excel skills required; proven skills in making compelling PowerPoint presentations; experience with business intelligence platforms
The Successful Applicant
Our expectations for a successful candidate:
- Minimum M.Sc in Engineering or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience from business intelligence, analysis and strategy
- Experience from management consulting, business intelligence or strategy roles considered a strong advantage where you can utilize your deep industry knowledge from the Pulp, Paperboard and Packaging industries
- Good understanding of board and packaging operations considered as a plus
- Good understanding of pulp, paperboard and packaging industry trends, packaging materials, ability to convert data into insights to identify plausible business opportunities from those insights
- Proven track record in driving Business Intelligence work being able to both analyze large amounts of data as well as converting it into valuable insights and analysis take-aways utilizing BI work to create a competitive advantage for Stora Enso
- Comfortable in performing and delivering tasks under sometimes tight deadlines
- Structured with excellent communications skills
- Fully fluent in English both verbally and in writing
- Team player mindset, working for a common vision
What's on Offer
In this recruitment, Stora Enso cooperates with Michael Page. If you have any questions about the application, please contact Michael Murica at +46 70 142 35 64