Join a growing hi-tech company in the international satellite market
Be part of a growing international organisation
Om vår klient
On behalf of our client, the innovative satellite propulsion systems manufacturer NanoSpace, we are looking for an Engineering Manager in Uppsala, Sweden. NanoSpace currently has 17 employees. The company is experiencing fast growth, and will grow both number of employees and business activity during the next year. At the same time NanoSpace will gradually transform into a GomSpace design, development and low rate production competence center.
You will have the opportunity to lead an internationally oriented and dedicated team aiming at providing exceptional Satellite Propulsion solutions to customers on the global market.
The successful candidate will be responsible for fulfilling specific targets and also for contributing to the efficient & effective running of the day to day Engineering operations. As GomSpace's Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include - but might not be limited to - the following:
- Responsible for the day-to-day execution of all customer contracts at NanoSpace, I.e. overall responsible for customer specific programs
- Establish and manage a low volume industrial manufacturing organization and facility
- Ensure that NanoSpace will reach and achieve the goals that have been set. As responsible for execution, you will work closely with our Gomspace DK CTO and his team in Denmark
- Ensure that products are manufactured according to applicable laws and regulations
- You will be managing local development and customer programs on schedule, budget and quality
- Responsible for scaling and planning of Engineering staff
- Your mission is to ensure a constant and long-lasting development of our products and ensure a good and safe internal work environment
- You will also ensure that we maintain and grow competences and that the necessary expertise is available to meet our customers' demands and requirements
Vem söker vi?
In order to be successful in this recruitment process, candidates are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- You are an experienced leader with great integrity and you work or have worked with project-based organizations as well product development
- You are used to manage technical and operation requirements and to keep an open dialogue with both developers and customers
- You are able to make quick and independent decisions when required
- You have experience and a large network to attract employees for expanding the engineering organization to support customer programs as well as Gomspace product development activities
In addition to the requirements above, we appreciate if you have experience with:
- Development and manufacturing of technologically advanced products
- Project Management
- Economic management and economics at business level
- As we work in an international environment, you need to master Swedish and English in speech and writing
NanoSpace offers employment in a dynamic, growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. We have a great role in setting the agenda in the nanosatellite business and expect our employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement our mission. We are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and our efforts will make a difference to society in the future. We have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organization based on multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which we believe are essential to help our customers achieve their goals in space.