Updated on 28/06/2022
- Evolving ourselves. Evolving you. Evolving automation.
- Since 2018, Piab is owned by Patricia Industries, part of Investor AB
Om vår klient
Piab is evolving automation through progressive gripping, lifting, and moving solutions since 1951. We believe in an automated world where no resources are wasted, and no humans are injured. With annual sales of ~2 billion SEK, 900 employees, and a global presence in more than 100 countries, we help our customers improve their operations for the better daily. Since 2018, Piab is owned by Patricia Industries, part of Investor AB.
At Piab we work with smart tech by creating intelligent solutions, a more efficient production climate, as well as a safer workplace within the world of automation. We provide gripping skills to robots, intelligent flow to materials, and lifting power to humans. We want to improve today's products and assembly for the better. This ambition is embedded into everything we do. It is in every idea, every product, and every interaction.
The mission of the role is to manage and continuously improve the operations function (sourcing, industrialization, manufacturing, logistics and quality) to ensure excellent delivery performance and quality to Piab's customers in our different regions.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- The responsibility for the Global Operations Director is to ensure we are able to deliver to our customers with a high degree of delivery precision in an efficient way.
- Ensure high degree of delivery precision to our customers
- Set strategic goals and plans for Operation to support the divisional strategy
- Continuously review operational processes and performance to identify improvement areas in accordance with the Operations strategy
- Develop and implement plans to increase efficiency and reduce cost
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices to ensure high scalability
- Ensure fast industrialisation of new product development in a cost-efficient way
- Manage and drive performance to reach operational KPI's
- Recruit, train, supervise and develop the organization
Global Operations Director is reporting to the President Vacuum Automation Division and is a member of the VA management group.
Vem söker vi?
To be successful in this role we believe you have:
- Strong and proven organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Highly strategic mindset with strong change management skills, preferably acquired through proven success in post-merger integration projects or similar change projects
- Good knowledge of multiple operational functions including customer service, sourcing, production, logistics and general management
- Proven track record in driving operational excellence for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Extensive working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics, preferably using business management software (e.g., ERP, CRM)
- Competent in industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Experienced in budget and business plan development
- Proven negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Ability to apply a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, sets clear goal and priorities, allocates resources effectively and employs a structured follow-up methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain/Operations Management, or related field
- Excellent knowledge of English and Swedish
All employees at Piab have a strong hands-on mentality, exploring, sharing ideas, leading by example making those ideas a reality, and ultimately committing to our customers' success. As the world of automation evolves, so does Piab.
Piab is collaborating with Michael Page on this recruitment. Please send you application via the link or reach out to Artiom Kravchenko on 0733254911 if you have any questions.