Updated on 19/01/2022
- International, well-known brands
- Responsibility for main client account of the Nordics
About Our Client
Information about the company will be provided during the interviews.
As Key Account Manager you will be responsible for developing long term sales and partnerships with Nordic Key Accounts with a strong entrepreneurial approach. You will lead the development and ensure implementation of the annual customer plans aligned with overall business and customer strategies, while achieving profitable sales objectives.
The focus on of the role will be on the maintenance and development of the main client account of the company in the Nordics. The role does not include any prospecting of new clients.
The successful candidate will have number of core accountabilities in the role, including:
- knowing and understanding the customer business models intimately;
- responsibility for the path to purchase and all associated activities;
- implementing category management by analyzing sales by segment and by brand, at the same time monitoring brand margins;
- defining and executing strategies and plans for the customers in line with business requirements;
- Showing passion in building a strong relationship with each customer and listening to their needs;
- understanding what key performance indicators that make the business model successful;
- Initiating and developing sell-out activities, growing share of space through trade marketing plans, coordinating marketing activities with the support of marketing manager;
- implementing plans in a simple and fast way with the help of the trade marketing team; evaluating return on investment and follow up actions;
- building a budget, tracking performance both at sell-in and sell-out weekly & monthly, analysing orders to optimise supply;
- ensuring achievement of forecast accuracy by category and specific customer on a weekly/monthly/quarterly base;
- assuring compliance with agreed customer payment terms, with support from the credit control department;
- ensuring supply chain efficiencies, understanding and developing existing planning and Supplychain flows;
- liaising with internal stakeholders to deliver business improvement projects;
- preparing detailed executive summary's for the category/segment/account on a monthly base;
The Successful Applicant
To apply for and be successful in this role, the candidate must:
- have very strong experience in marketing or sales in which they have successfully delivered on KPIs, especially top and bottom line business results;
- preferably, have B2B commercial experience;
- be able to work individually as well as in a team environment,
- be willing to challenge the status quo and continuously raise the bar;
- be able to communicate effectively with clarity, consistency and passion, and must demonstrate good listening skills and be able to interact professionally at all levels;
- have a strong ability to work with multiple stakeholders at all levels;
- have excellent time management and organizational skills, and be able to prioritize effectively;
- be attentive to detail, with an analytic and methodical approach to core accountabilities;
- act on their own initiative; continually thinking ahead, anticipating future needs and opportunities, then generating ideas and solutions to benefit the business;
- be able to consistently deliver agreed standards and initiatives within the established time frames and to high standards;
- continually seek to improve both personal performance and that of the department, and to do so in challenging circumstances;
- have excellent presentation and Microsoft office skills and be confident and capable of presenting to any number of people; and
- be able to travel to customer sites as required across the North European region.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a passion for FMCG to join one of the world's leading companies in its field in an exciting role dedicated to a renowned and highly important client.