Maintenance & Engineering Team Leader
Drive the change of modern grocery retail industry
Be part of large industrial automation project
Om vår klient
Ocado Solutions is bringing smart e-commerce technology to leading retailers globally. Our client's mission is to transform the global grocery landscape.
When company's journey started, they were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, Ocado is a FTSE 100 business developing own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way everyone does business. As Ocado continually develops new technologies and customer propositions, company is also looking for the brightest talents to lead its business into the next stage of evolution: enhancing capabilities, inspiring teams and developing new ways of working.
You will lead the team of skilled engineers and meaintenance technicians in the fast paced fulfillment center with 1200 robots moving goods on a grid. Your team will ensure an efficient service to the operational customer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day supervision of shift engineers and technicians and maintenance shift members including prioritisation and allocation of workload
- Working closely with inbound, outbound, and other support teams on a daily basis to ensure direction of labour, and planned engineering activities fully support operation
- Be proactive in the development of team members, advise, lead and motivate team members, assess capability and identify and resolve training and skill requirements
- Assessment of engineering team skills and assisting in up skilling and training of staff, including integration of first line maintenance of plant and equipment
- Management and development of department processes; including shift handovers, briefs, and defect reporting/resolving
- Reporting and monitoring of data capture for automation and maintenance activities
- Ability to lead from the front, driving pace accuracy and standards. As part of this be competent and experienced as an Engineer in own right, either mechanically or electrically, although must be familiar and competent with both streams of engineering to enable decision making
- Setting objectives for team members utilising SMART criteria (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Timely) and ensuring these objectives are reviewed on a quarterly basis
Vem söker vi?
We believe that to be successful in this role you need to have good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software, this may include, but is not limited to:
- Engineering, equivalent relevant degree coupled with relevant applied learning
- Engineering Technician Apprenticeship, Electrical and/or mechanical skills
- Experience at a management or supervisory level within an automated environment
- Good organisational ability and the ability to plan and prioritise
- Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach
- Comprehensive understanding of production, picking and storage MHE systems, gained from experience in an automated environment
- Experience of a FMCG environment
- Experience of working with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
This role will require flexibility due to us being a 24/ 7 operation and a shift pattern will be put in place that will require working days, nights and weekends.
At Ocado you will find a fast-paced dynamic environment with international team. You will get the chance to make a real impact.
Apply with your CV today! The position might be filled before the end date of the advertisement.