Nordic Accounting Manager
To join one of the world's most well-known retail brands
To apply your skills in improving current processes
About Our Client
Michael Page have partnered with a global brand within the retail space, a brand that is known for their high-quality and durable products. They have operations around the world (some 50 countries) and are now looking for a skilled Nordic Accounting Manager to join the "family" and continue to ensure that everything runs smoothly. In Central-Stockholm they have a welcoming environment with an established finance team - they follow a colleague-focused methodology making sure that their colleagues not only enjoy their position, but also look forward to come to work, even on Mondays.
On behalf of our client, Michael Page seek a skilled Accounting Professional that loves a challenge, being both strategic and "hands-on", and is happy to lead a team of skilled accountants. The main task will be to manage the centralised accounting department for Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark.
Typical responsibilities will include (not limited to):
- Lead, support and secure processes in the Nordic countries.
- Manage a team of maximum 5 employees within finance
- Manage monthly and yearly closing
- Manage reporting for VAT, Tax and Intrastat
- Own the monthly balance sheet
- Be the main contact person for all external auditors and tax authorities
- Own / be the key user for SAP FI
The Successful Applicant
You are an ambitious, business-oriented person that has a high level of integrity. Please refer to the below requirements, if you feel you have the right background, and would like to know more, then apply!
- Fluent in Swedish and English (speaking, written, reading) - other Nordic languages are a major plus.
- Bachelor's degree in a finance related subject (highly relevant experience can be considered instead)
- Minimum 5 years of experience within a Nordic-focused accounting function
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience with leading a team of accounting professionals
- Proven experience with VAT and Taxes (deductible, non deductíble) - calculation and reporting.
- Solid exposure to GL, P&L ownership, Intrastat.
- Experience communicating effectively internally and externally towards auditors.
What's on Offer
To be discussed at interview with Michael Page