R&D and Innovation Manager
Stora Enso aims to replace fossil based materials
A unique opportunity to drive development of new packaging products
Om vår klient
Stora Enso is a leading provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper on global markets. Stora Enso aims to replace fossil based materials by innovating and developing new products and services based on wood and other renewable materials. The group has some 25 000 employees in more than 35 countries, and is publicly listed on the Helsinki and Stockholm stock exchanges. Our sales in 2016 were EUR 9.8 billion, with an operational EBIT of EUR 884 million.
The Packaging Solutions division develops fibre-based packaging, and operates at every stage of the value chain from pulp production, material and packaging production to recycling. Their solutions serve leading converters, brand owners and retailer customers helping to optimise performance, reduce total costs and enhance sales.
On behalf of Stora Enso, Michael Page is currently recruiting a R&D and Innovation Manager. Ideally, this role will be located in Stockholm or Helsinki.
This is a unique opportunity to drive development of new packaging products and materials across Stora Enso Packaging Solutions. As R&D and Innovation Manager, you will be working together with team members from product management, product development and manufacturing across our Packaging Solutions markets in Europe and China. The successful candidate should have solid experience of developing paper & packaging materials and its related manufacturing processes.
As R&D and Innovation Manager, you will report to the Director of Innovations and become a member in the Division Marketing & Innovation function in Packaging Solutions. The role entails frequent travel to Stora Enso production units and markets, customers, Stora Enso research centers as well as external research institutes.
As Stora Enso's R&D and Innovation Manager, your responsibilities will include - but might not be limited to - the following:
- Collaborate with Stora Enso's business units to develop new technologies and products in accordance with the organisation's strategy to replace fossil-based packaging materials with renewable materials
- Structure and drive R&D and innovation projects from concepts to ready product launch
- Plan, perform and analyse experiments/trials on both laboratory, pilot and full mill scale (internally and with external partners)
- Synthesise results from trials and preparing presentation materials for decision making
- Link technical results and metrics to business value creation through business cases
- Support in preparation of investment proposals together with business controlling and investment team
- Drive and project lead innovation projects to commercialization launch
Vem söker vi?
In order to be successful in this recruitment process, candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:
- MSc. or PhD in Paper or Polymer Chemistry, Paper Mechanics or similar
- Minimum 5 years of relevant post-graduate work experience from an industrial corporation, consultancy or research institute
- Documented experience from leading laboratory and pilot scale trials
- Knowledge in Paper based materials and related Manufacturing Processes
- Experience in leading workshops with participants from multiple functions, and ability to drive multifunctional collaboration in early stage development projects
- Experience from leading technical trials on Large Mill Scale is considered an advantage
- Experience from cardboard/corrugated material, testing and manufacturing of thereof is an advantage
- Technical experience from composite materials and molded fiber materials is an advantage
- Proven technical Project Management skills a necessity, with certifications in project management methodologies to be considered an advantage
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to interact with non-technical / scientific personnel
- High energy and drive
- Business fluent English is a requirement
Stora Enso's aim is to replace fossil based materials and is therefore currently looking to hire a R&D and Innovation Manager due to help them reach this goal. Providing you have the right Academic, Technical background as well as Business Acumen - Stora Enso might well be able to offer you your next challenge. Send your CV as soon as possible in English to César Gautier at Michael Page.