Retail Controller - J.Lindeberg
Join a growing Fashion Retail organisation
12+ month contract in a changing environment
About Our Client
Founded in Stockholm 1996, J.Lindeberg inspires unconventional thinkers to live life to the fullest. The international fashion house bridges fashion and sport, offering sophisticated, edgy and comfortable products for a modern active lifestyle. The collections bring together creativity and Scandinavian progressiveness - for innovative fashion and outdoor lifestyle wear that is sustainable and delivered through a customer-focused, seamless experience.
With headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, the distribution covers more than 35 countries. There are 157 J.Lindeberg stores in several of the major fashion capitals of the world, such as Copenhagen, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai. The wholesale distribution features close to 2000 stores, including the leading high-end department and specialty stores around the world.
A modern and entrepreneurial Scandinavian Fashion House, J.Lindeberg drives its Global Operations out of their Headquarters in Södermalm, Stockholm. J.Lindeberg's HQ Operations currently consists of 75 professionals, comprising departments such as purchasing and design, IT, marketing, finance and global operations. All departments collaborate to bridge fashion and function on a daily basis. Being a creative, entrepreneurial and diversified work place connects J.Lindeberg to the world and contributes to the success of their brand.
On behalf of J.Lindeberg, Michael Page are now looking to recruit an ambitious and independent Retail Controller due to join on a temporary basis (August 2021 through to October 2022). Reporting directly to the Global Business Control Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for J.Lindeberg's Retail Channel end-to-end finance needs.
Given the nature of the role, it is essential that candidates have a proven track record in a similar role (e.g. Store Controller) in a retail driven environment. Direct experience from the Fashion Retail industry will be considered highly meritorious. Additionally, it is deemed crucial that candidates have a strong background within General Accounting & Bookkeeping.
In order to be successful in their application, candidates should demonstrate an ability to simultaneously manage a wide range of responsibilities whilst independently driving the Retail Channel's end-to-end finance operations on an accounting, controlling & reporting perspective.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- End-to-end responsibility of Retail Finance and Accounting
- Monthly reporting Retail (P&L) cost control and analysis
- Reviewing and approving all retail related expenses and keep track of vendors
- Net Sales Reports (weekly / monthly)
- Supporting Store Managers with financial related questions
- Bank and account reconciliations
- Stock Takes and inventory reconciliations
- Overall responsible for stock takes twice a year in all stores, from planning to administrative execution
- Rental payments control, maintaining overview of retail contracts and minimum rents reservations etc
- Budgeting process Retail
- Month End-closings and Year-End-closing of Retail accounts (Including contact with auditors)
- Projects - supporting the retail business to achieve its goals. For example:
- Business Case Retail. Creating business cases for new stores/new agreements etc.
- Reviewing and improving Cash Register System and processes. E.g. adding new features and better matching with Navision
- Take an active part in project of opening and closing stores
- Other improvements of processes and flows
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in the recruitment process, candidates are expected to have the following essential characteristics:
- Courageous - We are bold and we are unafraid to question what we are doing in our passion and determination to succeed.
- Progressive - We strive to be creative and innovative in our designs, our ways of working and our use of materials.
- Customer focused - We work hard to understand our customers around the world, and we design fashion and experiences to inspire them.
- Collaborative - We work cross-functionally, building a non-hierarchical, inclusive environment where everyone can thrive.
- Agile - In order to be competitive, we are flexible and ready to adapt quickly.
- Entrepreneurial - We are proactive and willing to succeed. Each individual is accountable and takes ownership of their part in making it happen.
- Ethical - We are a responsible company, with strong business ethics. We care for our planet, our local communities and our people.
- Sincere - We are honest, dependable and trustworthy, driven by personal integrity and fairness.
- Relevant educational background in Business Administration and/or Economics
- Proven track record in a similar role (Retail / Store Controlling)
- Multiple years' experience in General Accounting & Bookkeeping
- A proven Excel user
- Previous ERP experience is mandatory: experience in Medius, MS Dynamics NAV and/or MS Business Central will be considered highly meritorious
- Experience from Sitoo cash register system considered a plus
What's on Offer
J.Lindeberg offers a growing yet changing environment. We are currently looking for an experienced Retail / Store Controller due to join their operations on a long-term contract basis due to lead the end-to-end finance operations for their Retail Channel. A great opportunity for experienced candidates with a demonstrated track record in the Fashion and/or Retail industry.