Updated on 27/05/2022
- Join an international engineering company
- Shape the local accounting function
Om vår klient
Michael Page Sweden have partnered with the world leading Beck & Pollitzer AB in their search for a Sole Charge Accountant within Sweden. With over 150 years of experience, Beck & Pollitzer is a global provider of industrial installation and machine relocation services. As of today they have successfully completed projects in over 45 countries worldwide, focusing their excellence within four main areas such as; Specialist Services, Project Management, Machine Services and Engineering Services.
This is a permanent position and initially you will be home-based (working from home). Sole Charge refers to having the main responsibility for the accounting for Sweden - this is a new operation for the company so you are effectively the first in-house accountant - there is the possibility for team growth in the future. At present the local finance function is largely outsourced and so you will be tasked with bringing a number of the relevant processes back in-house. You will report directly to the Country Manager (Sweden) who is in Stockholm, and you will have a dotted-line to the Western Europe Finance Manager. Your tasks will include:
- Accounting information flow management
- Managing the monthly and year-end processes in accordance with group policies
- Managing the AP & AR processes
- Accruals calculation
- Bank reconciliations
- Providing weekly cash-flow forecasts
- Internalising payroll processes (monthly payroll operations)
- Quarterly VAT & tax reporting
- Updating monthly projects and management accounts reports
- External contact management (i.e. skatteverket, auditors)
Vem söker vi?
On behalf of our client, Michael Page are looking for an experienced individual that can promote a positive and professional image of Beck & Pollitzer AB, someone with strong interpersonal skills and who can work well across different business functions. You will need to be the type of person that can "hit the ground running". Specific requests are as follows:
- You come with a relevant tertiary qualification (i.e. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting)
- You have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience within Accounting
- You have a strong understanding of local accounting principles such as SWGAAP, K3
- You have good experience/knowledge of managing payroll processes
- You have above-average Excel skills
- You are fluent in both Swedish and English (Speaking, reading, writing)
- If you have experience working in an industry such as engineering or construction, it will be an advantage.
- If you have worked on systems such as Fortnox, it will be beneficial.
A permanent opportunity to help shape and develop the local finance department for an international organisation. Your input and willingness to drive processes will be highly appreciated and any support that you require, will be given. To apply directly, please click the relevant link. Otherwise, you are welcome to contact the responsible recruiter Andrew at: / 0733245887