Senior Manager Manufacturing Excellence
The Global Leader in Advanced Materials
No.1 Stainless Steel Manufacturer in Europe
Om vår klient
Outokumpu is the global leader in stainless steel. Customers from diverse industries are using their steel to create civilization's basic structures and its most famous landmarks as well as products for households and various industries. Stainless steel is sustainable, durable and designed to last forever.
Outokumpu employs 10,000 professionals in more than 30 countries, with headquarters in Helsinki, Finland and shares listed in Nasdaq Helsinki. Production units are located in Finland, Germany, the US, Sweden, the UK and Mexico. Outokumpu's own chrome mine in Kemi, Finland is the source of the key raw material for stainless steel.
The company aims to be the best value creator in stainless by 2020, through competitive edge of customer orientation and efficiency. The foundation of their business is ability to tailor stainless steel into any form and for almost any purpose.
Manufacturing Excellence aims for continuous efficiency improvement enabled by continuous learning. The business/operations has the task to determine what the specific improvement needs are and to drive them. As part of the excellence team you decide on and support in how this is to be achieved, i.e. you provide practical methods and set of tools.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Development standards and methods for Outokumpu Operating Model to enable 2-3% production improvement year on year
- Managing improvement initiatives incl. project identification/decision
- Implementation and coaching of projects, especially in regards to Lean Six Sigma and comparable methods
- Ensuring the achievement of project goals in time and within budget
- Collecting and tracking of project progress of initiatives and projects towards the management
- Implementation of internal trainings and workshops
- Development of the organization towards "lean" thinking
- Controlling of expectations of various stakeholders
Vem söker vi?
The requirements include the following:
- Completed university degree in business or technology
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- At least 10 years' experience in the metal, FMCG or assembly industry, including experience in the areas of procurement, manufacturing, logistics and maintenance
- Strong skills in leadership and operational management
- Experience in sustainable successful and efficient implementation of projects with cross functional teams and across different sites
- Strong analytical skills and conceptual thinking
- High level of flexibility, independence and mobility
- High degree of customer orientation
- Self-confidence and good social skills
- Advanced communication, presentation and moderation skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
- High willingness to travel
- Experience in international / corporate environment is desirable
If you feel your qualifications match our requirements, we look forward to hearing from you! Please apply online with your CV in Swedish or English as soon as possible.