Strategic Lead Buyer
Join global procurement team
International manufacturing company
Om vår klient
AGA is a partner of choice for customers across a wide variety of industries. The company has a comprehensive range of industrial and specialty gas products and services, and technical support to meet the requirements of our customers. AGA is also a reliable supplier of LNG and biogas. For private homes AGA is offering propane and sparkling water products.
AGA employs more than 1,600 people in 8 countries. Company has 90 production units at 59 sites.
Together Nordic and Baltic countries form Region Northern Europe in The Linde Group. All functions work cross-border and these cross-border functions assume business responsibility.
AGA is a member of The Linde Group
The Linde Group is a world-leading gases and engineering company with around 63,500 employees working in more than 100 countries worldwide. The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards sustainable earnings-based growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services.
Working with the Plants & Production Category your key objective will be to reduce the total costs of an EMEA spend portfolio by identifying, leading and executing cross-country and in-country procurement projects in close alignment and collaboration with EMEA Functions, EMEA Leadership, Global Procurement and Tactical Procurement in the Regional Business Unit (RBU) will be your main task.
- Annually deliver the targets on the given EMEA spend portfolio by identifying, developing, leading and executing cross-country & in-country procurement projects
- Actively manage EMEA A-suppliers for the given commodity
- Actively identify new cross-country & in-country procurement projects
- Year on year reduce trade working capital by increasing payment terms
- Provide data transparency in the given commodity
- Develop & execute commodity strategies where indicated by the category slotting
- Ensure excellent alignment with the RBU's functional managers such as Plant Operations & Reliability, RBU's tactical procurement and global procurement
- Support the RBU RUK Plant Turnaround (TAR) program, lead major supplier claims as well as excel in purchases for major projects
- Embrace new processes, define supplier independent specifications and reduce total cost of ownership
Key stakeholders will be functional managers, global commodity managers, tactical buyers, senior executives of suppliers.
Vem söker vi?
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent strategic procurement skills would be a plus
- Good analytical skills
- First class execution skills
- Interpersonal & communication skills
- Project management skills
- Influencing & Intercultural skills
- Proactive working with positive mindset in order to deal in a complex and changing organization and ability to handle ambiguity
- Excellent command of English & Swedish
- Proven track record of delivery in a large networked international company
- Experience in senior procurement roles would be a plus
- High levels of self-motivation, autonomy, energy, tenacity and a strong drive for results
- Experience from industrial gases or heavy industries is an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Competitive package and salary