Updated on 27/07/2022
- E-commerce company selling to over 1.1 million active customers across Europe
- In 2021 net revenue totaled SEK 1,594 million
About Our Client
Pierce Group is a leading and fast-growing e-commerce company selling gear, spare parts, accessories and streetwear to over 1.1 million active customers across Europe through the online stores 24MX, XLMOTO and Sledstore via around forty websites adapted to the local markets. Pierce has two major segments targeting two different customer groups, Off-road - sales to motocross and enduro riders, and On-road - sales to riders on paved roads and tracks. With a large and unique product assortment, including several own brands, an excellent customer experience and attractive prices, Pierce is changing the motorcycle enthusiast market in Europe.
The headquarter is located in Stockholm, Sweden, the central warehouse is located in Szczecin, Poland, and the customer support is located in Barcelona, Spain. During 2020 Pierce had around 400 employees and net revenues exceeding SEK 1.5bn (€150MM). Pierce also hosts a very active social media community with over 1.3 million followers.
During 2016-2020 Pierce was awarded a DI Gasell, given to Sweden's fastest growing companies. During 2020 we were nominated as one of the top 3 e-commerce companies in Sweden ('D-Award'). In 2020 Pierce also received the Sweden's Best Managed Companies recognition, sponsored by Deloitte in partnership with Nasdaq.
During the first quarter of 2021, Pierce concluded an IPO and listed its shares on Nasdaq Stockholm's main market.
- Responsible for spend analysis and assessments of categories, including dual sourcing
- Responsible for performing market research, including supply market assessment and cost analysis on external brands
- Responsible for onboarding new suppliers (distributors, agencies, partners) cross functions on external brands, and support Sourcing Developers on private brands
- Responsible for RFX processes (Go-To-Market), including identification of suitable suppliers and development of sourcing strategy to increase the profitability of categories
- Responsible for negotiating Terms & Conditions
- Contracting with suppliers (product, prices, SLA, coverage, payment terms etc.) to increase category profitability and supplier investments, including appendix (packaging guidelines, code of conduct, product data)
- Responsible for contract related administration, including investment claiming overview, inter-department coordination and supplier performance dashboards
- Responsible for implementation of new supply structure and to drive continuous improvement and track results
- Adapt to new processes and ways of working in a transitional environment
The Successful Applicant
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Have strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Are able to structure a deal, understand the commercial environment and develop solutions to business challenges
- Are result driven, organized, and able to work under high pressure
- Are proactive, takes initiative, and have a positive attitude
- Highly skilled within MS Office
- Are fluent in Swedish and English
Your main deliverables will be:
- Sourcing strategy and approach per category and supplier
- Improve suppliers' performance (price, quality, service level, refill capabilities and CSR)
- Negotiate improvements in terms & conditions in line with category targets
- Supplier investment dashboard
What's on Offer
In this recruitment, Pierce cooperates with Michael Page and thus wishes that all contact regarding the position takes place via the responsible recruiter Artiom Kravchenko at 0733-254911 or via e-mail.