Training Manager Nordics
Work for the global leader in design, manufacture and distribution of eyewear!
Flexibel role with exciting travel!
About Our Client
Luxottica Group is the global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of prescription frames and sunglasses in the luxury and premium segments. Based in Italy, Luxottica Group is present in the world's key eyewear markets, employing 82,000 worldwide. Our products are designed and manufactured in high quality plants in Italy, USA and China.
Luxottica Group's operations are segmented into two main divisions: wholesale and retail. The wholesale distribution network covers 130 countries across all five continents and we are the leading player in major retail markets, operating Sunglass Hut, Oakley, RayBan and David Clulow in the North Europe region.
Luxottica Group has a strong brand portfolio that includes Ray-Ban (the best-selling sunglass and prescription eyewear brand in the world), Oakley and licensed brands including Bulgari, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Tiffany, Polo Ralph Lauren and Versace.
The successful candidate will have number of core accountabilities in the role, including:
- Investigation and understanding of local training needs and challenges within the Nordic countries.
- Working with the Business Training Manager in developing training strategies including local incentives, to deliver your regional plan in conjunction with eliciting support from local stakeholders.
Developing relationships with stakeholders both internal and external including Clients, Marketing & Sales team, CIC Team, Senior
- Leadership teams and Corporate Training Department.
- Keeping awareness of all current corporate training tools presentations / content for training sessions, and tailoring these to your local market, to ensure relevance for the audience being trained.
- Supporting Retail Area Manager with specific coaching for store staff where relevant and deliver training at Retail store staff meetings.
- Initiate communication plan using corporate assets to periodically and consistently advertise the benefits of using Luxottica University to various user groups (via My Luxottica / Hotspot / office communications where necessary.)
- Managing translations of modules (4 languages): liaising with stakeholders to prioritize which modules to translate, managing budget for translations, liaising with corporate deployment team & liaising with colleagues locally to check final translations.
- Activating sales teams & managers to further the communication of Luxottica University with their clients (WHS) and Store staff (RET).
Supporting line releases internally, by involvement within Brand Business Meeting, working closely with Marketing to make full use of training opportunities within Luxottica meetings.
- Regular reporting: a review of performance and forthcoming plans internally, and reporting the individual retail group's Luxottica University progress externally to large clients' training managers.
- Collating qualitative feedback via learner satisfaction surveys and acting on relevant results from these surveys.
- Initiating follow-up with key accounts team & gathering sell-in / sell-out data where possible to show return on training investment.
- Following up with retail staff to ensure 100% saturation of mandatory online courses.
- Attending relevant local, regional, and corporate meetings where required (e.g. Team meetings, Lux Days, Train-the Trainer events).
- Completing administration tasks in a timely manner, such as attendance, travel expenses & purchase order requests on SAP system.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for and be successful in this role, the candidate must:
- Have previous Learning & Development experience as a Trainer / Training Manager / Coach;
- Have wholesale experience as a must, and retail experience as a plus.
- Clear understanding and experience of digital e-learning tools, including a proven ability to engage an audience via a video classroom.
- A customer-centric approach & hands-on attitude
- Proven leadership or management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong PC skills including highly competent use of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of Microsoft Teams would be advantageous.
- Preferably have an understanding of the Optical Industry.
Have a full, clean driving license (essential).
- Speak Swedish (essential), and competency in any of the other Nordic languages would be beneficial.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will require a number of key competencies and abilities to succeed in the role:
- Sharing the Vision - engage all stakeholders and learners in the benefits of self-development, sharing the objectives from global to local, by deployment of the Luxottica University strategy to satisfy the local market needs.
- Clear and Inspiring Communication - Adopting a professional and motivating training style with a focus on growing and developing others.
- Energetic Execution Management - a go-getter for executing the strategy with enthusiasm and tenacity, focused on achieving results in a proactive and professional manner.
- Organizing and planning - working in a structured way, multi-tasking with efficiency and effectiveness whilst always meeting deadlines, and ensuring the right people are trained, at the right time, on the right topics.
- Reporting - ability to use BI systems to extract and analyze data, presenting it in a clear and coherent manner.
- Rapport building - being able to develop strong and rewarding relationships with internal and external clients throughout your region.
- Adaptability - being flexible and able to work with shifting priorities whilst also keeping an eye on the big picture.
- Motivated self-starter - self-reliant and able to work on own initiative, acting competently to minimize the distractions that reduce motivation.
- Team Building - fosters a cooperative and collaborative approach; shares best practices and willing to learn from and help other training colleagues, contributing to the overall team success.